Medela Supplemental Nursing System (SNS)
The Medela Supplemental Nursing System (also known as the SNS or Supplement Nutrition System) enables women to breastfeed who would not otherwise be able to do so. It is a feeding tube device that is designed for weak or preterm babies, suckling training, stimulating breastmilk production, feeding adopted babies with breastmilk or long-term supplemental feeding. It can also be used for mothers and babies facing special challenges, such as inducing lactation or suckling problems.
The Supplemental Nursing System is hung around the neck and thin tubes are placed on top of the nipple. The baby cannot feel the tubes during feeding. Some babies with a weak or irregular suckling are not able to acquire enough nutrients through nursing. In these cases, the Supplemental Nursing System can help with supplemental feeding.
- Feeding tube device to keep baby at the breast.
- Easy to attach and position
- Control of milk intake
- No nipple confusion
- Adjustable flow rate system to meet individual needs
- Colour-coded tubes for different feeding rates
- Graduated reservoir bottle
- All parts that come into contact with breastmilk are BPA Free
Recommended for use under the guidance of a healthcare professional.
Nursing Angel Tips:
- The SNS works by a bottle hung around the mother's neck. Two tubes are taped to her breasts so that the ends reach her nipples. The tubes are very small and soft and unnoticed by the baby. When the baby takes the nipple and areola into his or her mouth, he/she also takes the tube. Breastfeeding proceeds normally, maintaining the stimulation to maintain lactation and the intimacy between mother and baby, as well as providing baby with important supplement from the SNS.
people are currently looking at this product
Estimated delivery time 1-3 days
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
This product is extremely difficult to use, I require someone else to help me as bub grabs the tubes and gets his hands in the way and trying to shape my nipple, get a deep latch and get the tube in his mouth all at the one time is extremely difficult and downright frustrating and on top of that bub figured out the system the first time we tried it, he detatches from my nipple and just sucks the tube and I’m using the smallest tube, I’ve spent so much money on breastfeeding aids and nothing has worked, I guess it just wasn’t meant to be 😔
Great product to help encourage my baby back to direct breastfeeding after exclusively expressing for 4 months.