Haakaa Silicone Feeding Tube Set
Many mums and their babies experience feeding issues – including latching problems, low milk supply, or maybe little ones that need a little extra nourishment or help to learn how to feed. The Silicone Feeding Tube Set helps you to overcome some of these common issues by connecting a bottle of supplemented milk to your breast via a tube, delivering a constant and controllable flow of milk to baby at the breast. Through the use of the Silicone Feeding Tube, both mother and baby can experience the natural physical sensation of breastfeeding, while encouraging mum’s supply and ensuring that baby receives adequate nutrition.
The flow of milk can be carefully controlled by adjusting the strength of your grip on the Gen. 3 Baby Bottle (sold separately), or by using the flow controller for a more consistent rate. Our Silicone Feeding Tube works seamlessly with our Haakaa Gen. 3 Silicone Baby Bottles and X-Shaped Variable Flow Teats (sold separately) but can also be used with any other baby bottle equipped with an X-shaped variable flow nipple. Simply place the bottle in an elevated position higher than the end of the outlet tube to start the flow of milk.
Contents: 1 x Inlet Tube, 1 x Outlet Tube, 1 x Tube Adapter, 1 x Flow Controller, 1 x Cleaning Brush, 1 x Medical Tape, 1 x Carry Case
- Made with food grade silicone and polyformaldehyde.
- Flow controller provides a consistent flow of liquid.
- Provides added nutrition to the baby, while also giving mum and baby the sensation of breastfeeding.
- Long and slim tube for inconspicuous and discreet use.
- Additional flow control when used with squeezable Haakaa Gen. 3 bottles.
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
- Insert both the inlet and outlet tubes into ends of the tube adapter. Thread the end of the outlet tube through the flow controller.
- Push the thick inlet tube down through the X-shaped opening on the Variable Flow Nipple and pull it through until it is long enough to reach the milk in the bottle. Attach the nipple to the bottle.
- Place the end of the thin outlet tube 1-2cm away from your nipple and secure its position with medical tape.
- Introduce your baby to your nipple and then place the thin outlet tube gently into their mouth to begin feeding.
- If using the Haakaa Gen. 3 Baby Bottle, squeeze the silicone bottle body to control the flow of milk. Increase pressure on the bottle to increase the speed that milk flows or reduce pressure to slow it down.
- If using another baby bottle with an X-shaped variable flow nipple, simply place the bottle in an elevated position higher than the end of the outlet tube to start the flow of milk.
- You can also use the flow controller to manager the speed that milk flows, adjusting to suit your child.
Note: This product works best with a Haakaa Gen. 3 250ml Silicone Baby Bottle using an X-shaped variable flow teat.
people are currently looking at this product
Estimated delivery time 1-3 days
Guaranteed Safe Checkout
Product is good. The flow controller is not great though as it is almost full flow to severely restricted flow. So now, I use it without the flow controller and just put the bottle as close to the ground as possible to control the flow. Pace feeding with the Dr Browns bottle takes longer to feed the baby (I do this to avoid bottle preference) so I don’t use the feeding tube as much as I could. But overall, I am happy with the product.
I was concerned about the cleaning brush only being able to clean the bigger inlet tube as the outlet tube is too small. I was sucking up clean water into the tube to flush out milk and then sterilising by putting in boiling water. Contacted customer service to ask if there was a better way and they were great. Very prompt with their response. You can use a flexible bottle like the haakaa or a drink bottle with clean water, put the tube in the water and squeeze the bottle.