How to clean a Medela Swing Breast Pump Motor
How to flush a Medela Swing Breast Pump
We get so many calls on how to correctly flush your Medela Swing Breast Pump.
Here is the best way by far.
- Remove the battery cover
- Remove the little grey sponge
- Put the tubing that is not connected to the pump into hot soapy water
- Turn the pump on, and hit the + sign
- The water will come up through the tubing and go through the motor and squirt out where the little grey sponge was sitting
- Repeat this process with clear water to make sure there is no soap residue left and leave the pump on for a good 20 minutes to dry out
- If the tubing is wet pull it off the pump and swing it above your head like a cowgirl
- Check the little white membrane (looks like a white 5c piece). This membrane regulates all the suction in the pump and if it has a crack or a split in it which is hard to see it will make the pump have less or no suction at all. You would have received a couple with your Medela Swing Breast Pump. You can get more from us. Here is the link. Medela Membranes.
The Nursing Angel Team