How to clean a Medela Swing Breast Pump Motor
How to flush a Medela Swing Breast Pump
We get so many calls on how to correctly flush your Medela Swing Breast Pump.
Here is the best way by far.
1. Remove the battery cover
2. Remove the little grey sponge
3. Put the tubing that is not connected to the pump into hot soapy water
4. Turn the pump on, and hit the + sign
5. The water will come up through the tubing and go through the motor and squirt out where the little grey sponge was sitting
6. Repeat this process with clear water to make sure there is no soap residue left and leave the pump on for a good 20 minutes to dry out
7. If the tubing is wet pull it off the pump and swing it above your head like a cowgirl
8. Check the little white membrane (looks like a white 5c piece). This membrane regulates all the suction in the pump and if it has a crack or a split in it which is hard to see it will make the pump have less or no suction at all. You would have received a couple with your Medela Swing Breast Pump. You can get more from us. Here is the link. Medela Membranes.
The Nursing Angel Team